Museum Enterprise Leadership is a transformational education experience grounded in the belief that an effective leader must not only be adept in understanding themselves and making sense of the world around them, but must also be equipped with specific skills and knowledge to make decisions in a VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous). The MEL program will prepare participants for effective enterprise-level leadership by providing tools and skills that will facilitate decision-making, leveraging key strengths and building powerful teams and boards. Leaders who participate in this program will learn how to think about the organizational from a financial, human capital, and strategic perspective.
While facilitating the acquisition of tools and skills, the program also creates a community of practice around Museum Leadership for those in the field. Participants will have the opportunity to actively apply their learning in various ways throughout 12 months of the program. MEL fellows will also have an opportunity to work with a leading executive coach who will provide them with insight and leadership advice. The 360 degree review, and personal coaching sessions will assist in advancing fellows to the next level of their career. Your current Museum Director will be asked by this program to support you by committing that you have access to key learning opportunities such as finance committee meetings, board members, and fundraising opportunities.
- Two in-person residencies
- 10 virtual sessions
- Dedicated Executive Coach for small group coaching
- Access to business experts and thought leaders
- Readings Content
- Individual Coaching
- 360-degree assessment
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of Museum Education who have at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role in their field.
- Leaders who would like to be prepared to take increasing responsibility and more senior roles in their organization.
- Leaders who feel completely competent in leading their division, but are also interested in leveraging their knowledge and experience in an integrative way with other functional areas in their organization.
- Leaders who aspire to fulfill Director and Deputy Director roles.